Friday 29 June 2012

Sing Along to Busy Doing Nothing


I found it! The song I was on about before is none other than Bing Crosby (with Cedric Hardwicke and William Bendix) in A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, 1949.
Well I never knew that, I've never even heard of it. But here it is:





What brilliance it is! They certainly don't make films like that any more. I think they should totally find a way to incorporate the song into the new Spiderman or The Dark Knight Rises. Or even better, into the Spice Girls Musical. Geri in the middle?
For any of you who don't know (shame on you), A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court is about a mechanic who gets knocked out and wakes up in the land of King Arthur. Sounds gripping if you ask me.
I really like the line of the song that says, 'we'd like to be unhappy but we never do have the time.' That's a good mantra to live by, and one that I could definitely benefit from following. What's the point in wasting time being unhappy? And more importantly, how am I supposed to squeeze being unhappy into my already extremely jam packed schedule? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!