Sunday 8 July 2012

Busy doing... A lot!

As you know, I've been busy doing not a whole lot of late. Until suddenly, whaddya know? I got a job. Employed on Wednesday, to arrive somewhere in the sticks outside of Cambridge on Thursday! After being unemployed and stretching tasks out to last over a number of days, it was a total shock to get everything ready and to get there in such a short space of time. But somehow, I did it. And am hence reminded of how much can be achieved in a mere 24 hours, as well as how nice it is not to have big gaps of nothingness in between all the bits of action in your day.
So here I am at my new job, where things are busy, there’s a lot to take in and a lot to do and things like showers, talking on the phone (there’s hardly any signal) and blogging have to be squeezed in to little pockets of the day.
What a yo-yo my life is turning out to be, from one extreme to another. 
A snapshot now into my first impressions- as written in a 'random diary entry'- on my first night here at Morton Hall:
Well I knew it might be a bit old school, but seriously? My room is a girls changing room, with a bed shoved in it. Creepy and a bit gross too! There are loads of cobwebs above my head. Not to be a total baby but I’m in the main building away from everyone else (except someone I haven’t met before), I’m in the basement so my signal cut out and has disappeared completely, and the toilets are upstairs in the darkness under the stairs! And to get to the bathroom to get ready in the morning I will pretty much have to go past everyone in the kitchen or bump into people coming into the offices. Oh dear god.
Best thing to do is to get to sleep—absolutely shattered. Things usually look better in the morning. And if not then I will be seeing if there’s anywhere ANYWHERE else they can put me. Arghhhhh.
Looking back I think I did quite well to put myself across quite so calmly. Thankfully I have now been moved from 'the dungeon' to a much more amiable room, be it sandwiched between the two girls dorms.
More grievances to follow I'm sure when the kids (affluent children aged 9-13 from around the world) arrive...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!